This is a continuation about algebra. We have covered definitions of the various terms used in algebra such as variables, like terms etc. We discussed about fundamental concepts and differences between expressions and equations.
Go through the site Study Guides and Strategies and attempt the following questions.
- What is the difference between an equation and an expression?
- What are the characteristics of a linear expression?
- What does it mean to solve an equation?
- Can an equation have multiple solutions?
- Can an equation has no solution?
Solve the following equations for the value/s of x.
- 8x - 46 = 2
- 8x + 46 = 2
- -8x +46 = 2
- 8x + 46 = 46
- 8x + 46 = 8x
- What is the significance of the solutions of the above equations?
- Can an equation have multiple solutions or no solution? If so, what is the implication.